When: Monday, April 22, 3:30–5 pm
Where: 6th Floor, 124 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge
Join the Spirit of Fridays & the AA&D Green Team for the second annual Earth Fair. Learn more about green office practices, talk to sustainability representatives about recycling and composting, swap books and magazines, mingle with your colleagues and enjoy food and beverages courtesy of our green, local vendors!
Some of the green tables include:
- Book Swap – bring books you no longer want and swap for some you haven’t read
- Capital Paper Recycling and Janitronics – talk with representatives about 124’s recycling methods and green cleaning products
- Composting 101 – learn how to compost with Rob Gogan, Associate Manager, Harvard Recycling Services
- Enterprise Farm – learn about the CSA farm share program and sign up for a summer/fall share
- Food Literacy Project – talk with Louisa Denison, Food Literacy Project Coordinator, Harvard’s Dining Services about healthy eating and local farmers’ markets
- Harvard Office for Sustainability (OFS) – learn more about Harvard’s Progress in reducing green house gas emissions with Elaine Strunk, Sustainability Engagement Manager
Sample beverages and food from these local, green vendors:
Join us for a viewing of “bag it” (showing in Room 610) – if you’ve missed the movie about plastics, we’ll be showing it once again!
Important things to note:
At around 4:20, we will be raffling off 3 reusable gift bags which will include- local honey, Taza chocolate, reusable cups, fun silverware, Lush soap and more! Each person who attends the event will automatically receive a raffle ticket – see below on how you can increase your chances of winning!
Additional raffle tickets will be given out to staff members who come armed with their Green Team Mug (for sampling beverages) or bring a book for the book swap!!